Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Pants

Last week I dreamt that my mom and I had essentially switched roles and I was seeing her off to work one morning. She was dressed to go out as she typically was when I was a kid; thick black pebbly cloth material overcoat and her hair was done up atop her head like it used to be. I don’t know if that style has a name. She was hurrying out the door to catch a ride to work with someone. Strangely enough the kitchen door of my childhood home (where this all took place) was on the north wall now, not the west. 

Then, just after she left, I heard the toilet flush, which was odd since I knew I was the only person remaining in the house. I walked over to the hallway and saw a pair of pants walking towards me! It was like the bottom half of a hollow mannequin wearing a pair of grey corduroy pants. It was impactful also in the fact that it was walking past my parents' bedroom door. I bit of family history is necessary here; my dad was a paraplegic. 

I physically felt that dream in the form of a slight shiver for about half an hour after I awoke every time I thought about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment