Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Friday, February 4, 2011

RTCC 2011

This is my 3rd Ride to Conquer Cancer. This event is getting bigger every year; more riders and more money raised. 2010 saw 30% more participants and 30% more money raised! That’s pretty amazing.

It’s already February as I write this, and I’ve been kind of a slug so far this winter season. I stopped riding in late November for a variety of excuses:

Too rainy for my morning ride down the hill to connect with Skytrain,

Too icy on the side streets in the morning,

I brought the company truck home the night before for an early morning site visit,

Didn’t re-charge the batteries overnight for my bike lights,

My wife offered me a ride to my connecting bus,

I packed my backpack already, I’m not transferring my stuff over to my panniers,

Did I mention the rain?

blah, blah, blah

On a more positive physical note, my wife joined me this year in signing up for the Sun Run, so we’re both In-Training. That’s at least a start that will motivate me to get back on track. I’ve even been contemplating getting a road bike for this season. I intend to visit a few bike shops soon to see if I can still get a deal on a left-over 2010 model.

My campaign to raise $2,500 to participate is just getting underway. Please join me in contributing to make the 2011 edition of the Vancouver to Seattle Ride to Conquer Cancer the best ever!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment