Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Hollow Ring...

So?

Didja watch it?

You know, the Lance love-in?

Considering my affinity for cycling, I had to watch at least part of it. I made it through the first hour and a bit. Up to the point they started interrupting every 5 minutes for 3 minute chunks of commercials.

Here's a thought; maybe ol' Lance just chose the wrong profession. He should have been an actor. Apparently he's been acting for about the last 20 years.

To frame it in somewhat show-biz nomenclature, I'd say his career arc thus far has been roughly as follows: Breaking Away (an 1980s cycling movie) to Breaking Bad (current TV series) to Breaking Wind (this evening).

I dunno. I just can't help but think this whole public apology shtick is being done to satisfy ulterior motives. But I guess Lance said it himself. He doesn't know if anyone will believe what he says at this point. I tend to agree. He's denied allegations so vehemently for so long, I don't really how he could expect anything else.

Anyway, I just had to vent a bit. I feel pretty stupid right now for having given him the benefit of the doubt some time ago. Mainly because, as it turns out, in circles that were "in-the-know", there really wasn't much doubt to be had.

'Nuff said I think. Even (or especially) in this turn of the tide LA is getting too much press. We're running the risk of guiding him into the limelight again.






No comments:

Post a Comment