Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, May 27, 2013

Deja (Street) vu

OK, I have to document this coincidence. I know I’ve blogged about coincidences before but this one is just a bit too weird (in all truthfulness I’d have to say they’re all weird).

This morning I had to go to a plumbing supply store to get parts for a persistent toilet tank leak. I would normally have gone to Rona or Home Depot, but neither one seems to carry the specific rubber stepped washer I thought I needed.

The next step was to look up the closest supplier of American Standard bathroom fixtures. I drove there this morning but had to park around the block as their small parking lot was full. As I walked from the truck I was noticing the poor condition of an old brick walk-up residential building on the corner. After completion of the plumbing transaction I returned to the truck and drove to the office.

The strange part happened at lunch time when I accessed Craigslist to check on the latest ads for Lego. I’m into anything like wheels and gears lately; my young nephews have rekindled my long-dormant interest in building Lego trucks. One of the ads closest to the top of the page was for a garage sale (including Lego). I knew approximately where it was but I popped the address into GoogleMaps anyway. Upon activation of Streetview, I was immediately presented with the front façade of the brick apartment building I’d walked past a couple of hours previously!

No comments:

Post a Comment