Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, March 10, 2014

Score!!

I've been scanning Craigslist lately for Lego. And not just any Lego either. I re-discovered my old Lego train a while back but I only had enough track for an oval with a small siding. So I thought, why not keep an eye open for more blue Lego track. It's probably been about a year now and the only blue track I've run across is a simple circle layout packaged with one of the first trains that was released; without an engine. I didn't really want the push-powered train, and the track layout was uninspiring.

Then this morning I happened across the mother load! The ad said it was a box half full of blue track.

When I went to see it, it turned out it was a reasonably sized box too. Plus it even included a motor from a Lego train! The battery box is a bit corroded, but there are Youtube videos out there that show how to make a new switchable battery box from Lego pieces and copper wire. There really is no end to the usefulness of Youtube.

There was even a pre-fab tunnel thrown in the deal. It's not Lego, but I bet a Lego train will still fit through.

My wife was laughing at me as I unpacked my treasure on the dining room table, sorted the components, and carefully repacked it. Unfortunately my job tomorrow will interfere with the important work of creating a huge new track layout so that my Lego train can take to the rails again after its 35-year hiatus.

"All aboard! Next stop; Legoland!"

No comments:

Post a Comment