Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Looooowwww Tide

Last year we missed it, but this year I expressly noted when the lowest tides occur this season. We took our dog to Spanish Banks two years ago and she absolutely loved it! Leash free, a (seemingly) boundless expanse of compacted sand. What's not to love?

This is the recent photo in the Vancouver Courier that reminded me to check the tide charts.

I'll post photos in two batches because I still want to photoshop a couple. I just need to level out the horizon on a few action shots of Tannah. She moved so fast that I focused on her motion rather than the level horizon.

The freighters looked like they were grounded. I must admit I had the occasional eerie thought of them really being beached, recalling the Japanese tsunami. Good thing I had a frolicking Spaniel to divert me back to reality!





No comments:

Post a Comment