Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, May 7, 2015

BMO 8K

My 8 km contribution to the Vancouver BMO marathon was as success last weekend. My goal had been 48 minutes, based on my sub-hour time for the recent Vancouver Sun Run. I came very close: 49 minutes. But what's really cool is that a 49 year old man was the first to cross the 8K finish line. That's not too far from my age, so I'm impressed. Us old guys still got it in us.



I guess I'm doing OK with this running gig. I looked up some stats for this year's 8K and it turns out I placed 17th out of 52 for my age category (M45-49); top third, and more surprisingly, 372nd place out of 1642 finishers. In other words I placed within the top 22.6% of the field. I'm quite stunned actually.

As you can tell, I'm too cheap to pay 60 bucks for an official photo. (And I thought the Vancouver Sun Run photos were expensive!)

I should have taken a selfie closer to the finish line (that bright blue spec in the distance) but the race officials kept guiding everyone further along to clear the lane for incoming foot traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment