Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Snow Fatigue

This year I think we're getting a sense of what winter really is for the rest of Canada. I think I may even be starting to sense "snow fatigue". As you may have guessed, it snowed again in East Van last night. Honestly, I can't remember a year where it snowed this much in four consecutive months. Mind you, I've only lived in Vancouver 17 years. The rest of my memories are from White Rock, but in terms of distance it's not that far away. However, I think where I live now is a bit higher in elevation.

Crocuses: normally a sign of Spring. Not this year.
Tomorrow's commute to work should be interesting. The snow has stuck to the side streets and it's forecast to dip down to about minus 1 tonight. That'll mean crusty ice tracks in my 'hood tomorrow morning. Maybe next year we'll revert back to the norm and I'll actually appreciate our typical West Coast catch phrase regarding the rain; "At least ya don't have to shovel it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment