Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Scotia Bank Half Marathon 2017

Finally got around to posting my finish at my second half marathon this past Sunday in Vancouver. After the Sun Run our weekend running group got a bee in their collective bonnet to run the Scotia Bank Half, and I couldn't come up with a legitimate excuse to say no.

It was a very cool training season, and ironically the day of the event set heat records in some areas. It was about 25 decrees Celsius when I crossed the finish line in 2:19:21. Not too bad considering the conditions I guess and the fact that I'm 5 years older than last time I did it, but it was still 2 minutes slower than my last attempt.

There are already murmurs within our group of doing our next Half in Victoria in October...at least the odds are it won't be hot...but don't I have to wait another 5 years? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment