Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Let the Whiteout Begin

My latent hockey interest has been sparked once again. The comparison of a bear awakening from hibernation is not lost on me. As soon as the playoffs start I tend to get interested. At least since the Jets are soaring.

Last night I was pleased to witness the Jets first goal of this playoff season. I was in a restaurant in Fort St. John on a dinner break prior to heading to the airport for my flight home to Vancouver.

Wait a minute...Vancouver, you say? "Aren't you a Canucks fan?" Ah, the dilemma. During what could be a multi-year wait for the home team to rebuild and adjust after the Sedins' departure I have another option open to me. I simply adopt my inlaws team as my own: the Jets. I'm already stocking up on the merch, and we're going to Winnipeg for Easter this year. I'll be sure to dress warmly for the Whiteout.

No comments:

Post a Comment