Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Andy Warhol

For some excitement this past weekend we thought we'd get a little Hipster-ish and venture into Yaletown to experience a free art display featuring Andy Warhol. I really didn't know much about him. I knew of a few famous pieces of his such as the Campbell's soup cans and his impression of Marilyn Monroe, but that was about the extent of it.

Whenever Andy's name is referenced I always remember the image I saw of him in a Doors movie that came out probably 20 years ago. Jim Morrison was at some celebrity party in New York City and of course Andy Warhol was there because as I learned this past weekend, he was a celebrity worshiper, pre-Internet style.

I was totally surprised that photography was permitted, but really, in this day and age of camera phones, how can photo-documentation really be stopped? Below are a selection of images to give you a feel for the event.






No comments:

Post a Comment