Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Mt Seymour Demonstration Forest 10K run

This morning our Sun Run training group traveled to the base of Mount Seymour in North Vancouver for the hill training component. The distance markers are clearly delineated along the trail, and my goal is always to reach the 5K post by half time to give me an estimate for my upcoming 10K Sun Run.

The training group is split up into smaller divisions: walkers, 2 groups of Learn to Run, and the Run Stronger group. Since my knees had given me grief the previous 2 training sessions, I decided to go with ten and ones instead of joining the faster Learn to Run group which was doing 40 minutes before a 1 minute walk break, followed by another 20 minutes. It turned out to be a very successful strategy; no knee issues and a 10K time of about 57 minutes according to my stopwatch.

Not the greatest selfie in the world, but all I wanted was photographic evidence that I'd achieved the halfway marker.

And plus...no bear sightings! Although I have to admit that would have made a pretty cool photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment