Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hoarder House Update

I've got an update on a hoarder house in my neighbourhood. Back on Oct. 17, 2012 I wrote about a For Sale sign on a rather derelict lot. The original realtor didn't last long however as the house owner had very lofty ideas regarding the property's worth. He subsequently posted his own home-made For Sale sign, nailed to a tree, complete with his "Firm" asking price.

A couple of days ago I happened to walk my dog past the house and was startled to see another realtor sign planted in the front yard. The market has heated up again. The home owner is apparently testing the market once more.


A bit of a "fixer-upper".
The back yard.
It's certainly safe to say that the present owner has hoarder tendencies. I think the real reason he's wanting to sell is to move to a property with more space to store his cars. He's now maxxed out in the back yard. Two of his vehicles are already half on the back lane. I'm actually surprised the City hasn't had them towed away. There's one more pick-up on the street at the front that's full to the roof with stuff. However there's no room left in the back yard to store it unless the house owner has plans to start a second layer.

For more info on this house see my Sept. 2, 2011 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment