Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Aerials

As I've said before, one of the things I like best about this job is the travel. On Friday I was sent to Kelowna again. So far in 2016 I've been there 4 times. I like the flight, especially in winter (although technically now it's Spring) for the majestic views of the snow-capped Rockies. Early morning flights are best for the photogenic morning light.
Looks like a sizable snow pack this year.
When weather and available daylight permit I like to try to identify the plane's location from the air. I'm getting reasonably good at, but this time the return flightpath was new to me. I couldn't readily identify where we were until I saw the new Pitt River bridge at Port Coquitlam.

The Pitt River Bridge and adjacent train yard in Port Coquitlam.
SFU Mountain and beyond to Vancouver.
The old Port Mann structure is now completely gone.
The cranberry fields of East Richmond.
A few years ago we were walking along Jericho Beach and I noticed the largest car carrying freighter I've ever seen anchored in English Bay. On the flight home from Kelowna I'm pretty sure I spotted the same one from above, although it certainly looks different from this perspective.
New cars storage lot in south Richmond near Silver City Cinemas.

No comments:

Post a Comment