Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sun Run 2016

I took a week off from running post-SunRun but I hadn't meant to delay blogging about the experience by a week. However, the week got the better of me.

I liked the uniformity of the Blue Wave this year. A technical event t-shirt was a welcome change.
All in all it was a good event, as usual, and my time was alright. To be honest, by the end of January I didn't think I'd be able to participate at all due to a knee injury. I rested it for about 3 weeks, then decided to take a stab at it. My training schedule had lots of holes in it (it's really the least I've ever trained for this event) but I persevered and ended up jogging the 10K in one second less than 61 minutes. My usual elapsed time is about 59-1/2 minutes so that's actually quite good (for me) considering the number of practice sessions I missed.

Shauna ended up walking the course too. It was kind of a last-minute decision, but the weather was perfect and she felt up to the challenge. I was done first so I managed to get  a pretty good photo of her as she approached the finish line. Wasn't that good advice I gave her to wear the pink shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment