Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, December 28, 2017

December 2017

I don't know if it was official or not, but we had some snow on the ground during Christmas for the first time since 2008. It varied by region; we had about 2-3 inches, while there was barely any in Richmond, which incidentally is where the official measurements are recorded, at the airport.

Unexpectedly I found myself at Granville Island last week, just killing some time waiting for my dog at the vet. Tannah managed to scarf down a worrisome-sized piece of chocolate as I was outside hanging Christmas lights. I won't go into details of the procedure; the important thing is she's OK!

Ironically, my shopping was done at that point, but I did have a camera in my pocket. Granville Island is especially photogenic during the Christmas season, even without much visible snow left. We were also out early last Saturday morning, just after sunrise, at False Creek.

Under the Cambie Street Bridge. This is where we watched the under-the-
bridge video projection of the salmon last summer.

False Creek reflections.

On our morning run we even came across a Christmas spaniel. 

This place on E. 12th is always festively decked out whether it's Hallowe'en
or Christmas.

Granville Island.

Surface tension at its finest; I honestly don't know
how those ribbons of snow didn't fall from the
neighbour's metal roof.



No comments:

Post a Comment