Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Big Island

No, not Hawaii, although Hawaii was on my mind this week as the first episode of the Magnum PI re-boot debuted. I was half tempted to watch it too as I'd been a big fan during all the seasons that the original ran. But then again, I think I was in my early teens then. Funny how things we liked in our youth tend not to be so enticing as we age. Of course I'm not going to pre-judge the show having not tuned in, but...I don't know; maybe I'll catch it this weekend online so I can perhaps watch it without commercials. Sometimes that's a possibility on some websites for a week before the next episode airs.

The Big Island of which I refer is of course Vancouver Island. I was given 3 assignments last week spread out between Nanaimo and Duncan which called for an overnighter. I like doing those once in a while. An occasional road trip does the soul some good, in my humble opinion.

It wasn't a full sailing. Look at all these empty front row seats from to view
early morning Howe Sound.

Sunrise looking east toward Vancouver. This was actually worth the 4:30 a.m.
alarm.

Perhaps a bit too dark to see, but the faint skyline silhouette of Vancouver is visible.

The hovering cloud mass to the south was intriguing as well.


Deck chairs on the car deck seemed an odd placing at first glance until I realized they were set up adjacent to the dog room. Then I noticed the hydrant artfully placed on a patch of artificial turf. On a warm summer crossing this would be a nice place to sit with your canine best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment