Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Duffey Lake Road - Sept. 29, 2018

It took us all summer to plan this trip. Actually summer formally ended before we put rubber to pavement. The fact that my motorcycle was out of commission for a month due to maintenance issues didn't help our cause either. But it certainly turned out in our favour as I would not have been impressed if it'd broken down on a 500 km trip.

Somewhere between Whistler and Pemberton.

As we were stopped for a traffic entanglement somewhere between Whistler and Pemberton we met a couple from Holland that were motorhoming through BC and Alberta. The gentleman was a fellow motorcyclist. I was impressed that he knew my bike was significantly older than Chris' by about 25 years.

This photo of our gas stop in Pemberton is not meant as a corporate plug; being a dog person, I just
like their logo.

The Autumn colours somewhere south of Lillooet.

Fortunately we didn't encounter a single transport truck, and only a couple
of motorhomes.

Our lunch stop in Lillooet.

On the return to Pemberton I noticed this tiny spot of snow.

Here's Duffey Lake between Lillooet and Pemberton.
The north part is blue and is divided by a log jam; the south part is green.

Here's the green part.

Here's the first sign of the clouds moving in at the south end of Duffey Lake.

Lillooet Lake near Pemberton.

Back in Squamish and the rain has begun.

As I compose this post on Sunday evening it's pouring outside and has been since I got home around 7 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment