Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, November 26, 2018

Weather Typo

As I ate my Dynamite Roll in a local sushi spot near the office today the news program I was half watching had just switched to the weather report. I was only half watching because the sound was muted, and the closed captioning made me put some effort into the experience (i.e., read). It was a bit of a visual battle between the closed-captioning and the ever-present bottom-of-screen news scroll.

My mind was a bit geared towards weather and climate this morning as CBC had been advertising their latest installment of "2050 Degrees of Change", quickly following (although perhaps unintentionally) the recent forest fire devastation in Paradise and Malibu, CA. And this coupled with a November rain deluge we're experiencing right now in Vancouver.

Anyway, I was watching the colour-coded temperature map showing moisture and temperature flow across the West plus reading the weather forecast when the following statement flashed past: "...with this system bringing lizard conditions to parts of the Midwest..."

A more blatant mind's image of predicted climate change catastrophe I'd be hard-pressed to conjure up.

No comments:

Post a Comment