Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, December 10, 2018

Gibsons Landing

The weather wasn't looking promising this morning as I headed out at 6 a.m. to catch the 7:30 ferry to Langdale en route to Gibsons. I packed rain pants just in case. However the threateningly dark clouds never produced a drop of rain today during my short stay. It was actually sunny for a while with the temperature hovering around 10 degrees Celsius. A somewhat unsettling high considering it's only two weeks away from Christmas. I installed snow tires for a reason ya know, you fickle weather gods!

The final approach to Langdale ferry terminal.

Having completed my business in upper Gibsons, turns out I had a bit of down-time before the return ferry so I headed for the old part of town, Gibsons Landing.

Nick's trusty tug.

Big hint here that I'm not a Millennial. A bit older than that as I remember watching "The Beachcombers" as a kid. Good ol' open shirt, hairy-chested Nick Adonidas piloting the Persephone through local waters in search of salvageable marine timber, seemingly thwarted at every turn by the scurrilous Relic, basically a binner in a boat, often appearing out of nowhere to snag rogue logs (i.e., logs that most likely broke free of log booms) from Nick's grasp. Oh I tell ya, the tension was palpable.



I played the part of tourist today and had lunch at the
iconic "Molly's Reach". 

The Relic burger with clam chowder. How "West Coast"!

A very picturesque harbour. Almost makes me want to take up boating.
Almost.

The weather was just perfect this afternoon for touristy photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment