Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Airport Inn at Fraser and Main

December blogging was a bit of a wash. Crazy work deadlines got the upper hand during the lead-up to the Christmas season.

However, on my way to the recycling depot near Kent Avenue yesterday I passed the old Airport Inn (it's last official name) on Fraser Street at Marine Drive. I've been monitoring its demise for the last year or so. It's designated as a re-development site for a bunch of condos and other amenities. As I drove past I noticed the windows have now been removed and it appears to be down to its bare concrete shell. I parked the car and walked back to get a few last photos.

This is its current state.

And this is the artist's (me) conception of what will happen to it soon. Of course
it won't be blown to bits, but that's how my camera interpreted it.


No comments:

Post a Comment