Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Torch Relay

I’m a bit behind in my posts lately. It’s been a bit busy around here what with the Winter Olympics and all. The excitement is really ramping up.

On Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010 the Olympic Torch Relay made its closest pass to where I work, near Burnaby Lake. It’s funny how an event can be going on for so long before I get on the bandwagon. Well actually not; I do the same with hockey, but I digress.

The official route took the Torch South on Sperling Avenue to turn the corner Westbound onto Broadway at 11:13 a.m. An email was circulated within our office that all that wanted to see the procession should congregate in the lobby for a group walk down the street. There must have been a couple of dozen people that participated; some really showed their Canadiana, as proven by my photos. Awesome hat, Erroll!















No comments:

Post a Comment