Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Patriotism

I came across a few still un-posted photos that comment upon the nationalistic fervor that permeated the City during the Olympics, and continue to do so now for the Paralympics.

The crowd leaving Canada's first sledge hockey game at Thunderbird Arena on Saturday morning was al"red"y to cheer Canada to a triple crown win; Gold in Men's, Women's and Sledge hockey!

This roof deck is typical of a surprising amount of Canadian Olympic pride on display in Vancouver this past month.

I first got caught up in the spirit myself when I attended the Olympic Torch relay with many of my office colleagues. It was scheduled to pass by Broadway and Sperling one morning, so we all trekked down the hill, and up another one, to see it. At the time I wasn’t all that stoked, but now I’m awfully glad I went. Looking back, it’s one of those events you’d have kicked yourself for missing.

This Yaletown vendor even brought in a snow machine! Let's get this party started!

A fine cast of characters was on hand to make merry in the streets.

Canada flag capes weren't a rare sight.





















Either a true Caped Crusader, or one of the Super Friends, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment