Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grouse Wind Turbine

I noticed this afternoon that I could actually see the giant blades turning on the wind turbine at the top of Grouse Mountain.

I guess the sky was bright enough and I happened to be looking at the mountains on my way home from work on Skytrain. I haven't paid much attention recently to that massive white golf tee thrust firmly into the mountain just above and to the East of the ski runs. There's been a bit to distract me lately, what with a quarter of a million visitors stopping by to say "Hello" over the last few weeks.

Being rather attracted to most things mechanical, I continue to be intrigued by this new generator. Weather permitting, I see it every time I go out the back gate into the lane to take our dog for a walk. Somehow she doesn't seem quite so intrigued by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment