Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

5 Feet High and Rising

 We're up to our ears in Elephant Ears!

As we're about 3-1/2 hours into Summer (officially) as I write this, I thought it may portend better weather to come if I posted a couple of photos showing the tremendous growth spurt of our Elephant Ears thicket this past Junuary.

I heard recently that this June has so far been the coldest in this region since weather records have been kept!  I don't know about rainfall amounts, but they don't refer to this little corner of BC as a rain forest for nothin'.

The sheer size of the plants makes for an impressive display, but I have to admit these things have kinda taken over our small backyard green space. I haven't decided yet if I'll make changes for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment