Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mushroom Laneway House

Upon entering our front yard yesterday I was again reminded of how cold and damp its been so far this Spring. I bet I could count on one hand the number of warm days we've had this season.

Strangely enough it was the same last year. I remember distinctly because I rode for 2 very wet days to Seattle last Father's Day weekend for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. I took a break from it this year, however, not because the weather sucked but because I decided to train for a half marathon instead, and it occurs the weekend after RTCC.

But back to this year's weather. My attention was drawn to 2 huge mushrooms growing in our flower bed. I didn't cut the grass this past weekend, but I know there was no sign of these fungi the weekend before. Today I decided to measure them, just for the record. Would you believe almost 8" across the top of the largest one? And it may not be done growing yet as the weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning is for more rain and cold temperatures (approx. 13 degree daytime high).

It this thing gets any bigger we could almost take shelter under it!





No comments:

Post a Comment