Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Extra-low Tide

Sunday, June 3, 2012 was one of the lowest tides of the year. We took advantage of the opportunity to go to the beach! At first I thought it was unfortunate that the weather was cloudy, cold and threatening showers, but since we wanted to take our dog with us, it was actually better than going on a hot sunny day. This way we didn't have to guard against Tannah interupting someone's tanning session, or stealing food from a picnic blanket.

That actually happened once a couple of dogs ago. Shelby ran over the boundary of the off-leash beach and stole a piece of someone's pizza at Ambleside Park. I was so embarrassed I could have melted into the sand. I apologized profusely and then we bolted for the car.

It was probably a couple of kilometers out to the actual water's edge. On the walk out there we were greeted by quite a surreal scene. It looked as though the freighters in English Bay were actually beached on the sand. I've seen documentary footage of dried up lake beds (one specific lake in Russia that I can't recall the name of), and that's what I was reminded of. In the photo I posted of Tannah eyeing a crane, you can't tell since I compressed the photo, but there are people walking on the sand in front of one the  of the freighters.







No comments:

Post a Comment