Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, November 7, 2013

The toppling of TO


"OK people, move along now. Nothing to see here. Didn’t you hear my apology? It’s over; I apologized. Sincerely! Didn’t you hear me? And I even threw in a “God bless Toronto” for good measure. Don’t you see how hard I’m trying here? Please don’t fire me over this. Oh right, you can’t fire me. Because there’s something still before the courts. Actually no, it’s not before the courts right now, but that doesn’t matter. I’d have to step down for you to be rid of me, but you don’t want to get rid of me, do you? I’m the one that saves all you taxpayers money! And I apologized, so it’s all good now. We can move on with my mayoralty agenda. And my re-election campaign next year. Yeah, that’s it. I’m going to continue to save tax-payers money. Everyone will have forgotten all this stuff by next Fall. Because I apologized. Yeah, that’s it; it’s all good now. You can stop looking for stuff against me. I’ve come clean. Nothing left to hide. Yeah, nothing left to hide."

Until the next video surfaces…

Of course, the above is paraphrased, but I think I've learned enough in life to recognize a cry for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment