Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, August 30, 2015

To Victoria Via Air

They sent me to Victoria last week to conduct a building condition assessment. I had my choice of the car ferry or seaplane. I chose the air option because its a pretty cool flight and it makes for about a 4 hour shorter work day.

Sunrise as viewed from Canada Place.
My wife would have been driving over the Lion's Gate Bridge in the morning, probably not the exact same time as I was flying over it, but you never know. It could happen. So I managed to get a photo of the iconic structure exactly overhead. I'm rather proud of this shot as it's taken with an iPhone, and they're not as easy to time as a traditional camera.
The Lion's Gate Bridge.
Weatherwise it was a perfect day for a float plane flight. It always amazes me on one of these flights when I see someone completely engrossed in their reading material for the whole route with such an amazing view right outside.
Over English Bay looking east towards the anchored freighters.

We flew over the Naval base in Esquimalt.

On the return trip, flying over East Van I pinpointed our house from the air (red highlight).

No comments:

Post a Comment