Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Barndoor Triple Cab

At this past summer's Great Canadian VW Show I saw a totally custom "phantom" Volkswagen; a combination of a double cab pickup with a slab-sided panel, with a few barndoor parts thrown in for good measure. I knew I'd seen it before, but in my memory it had been for sale on The Samba website.

As it turns out I was right, and I was wrong. I did see it, but it wasn't for sale. I looked through my photo library this evening and discovered it on a DVD labeled "2007-08". It was much longer ago than I thought.

The photos I copied were likely from The Samba. Back in 2007-08 it appears this bus was registered in Nevada. Now it has a BC owner. Definitely the same vehicle. The only changes I can readily notice are the chromed bumpers.
It was parked near Science World in Vancouver in 2015.
Notice the Nevada license plate from 2007.
I'd kinda forgotten it'd had steelies on it at one point (circa 2007).
I'm glad I finally found it in my archives, but I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't for sale last time as I had remembered it. I wanted to know what it was listed for.

Alas, it you have to ask the price, you likely can't afford it. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment