Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Abstractions

Just wanted to post a couple of photos I'm calling "abstractions". I though it's about time I started learning about more advanced features on my dSLR. I've had it for several years already and I've noticed I mostly use my point-and-shoot or my iPhone for photography lately. So this past summer I made a point of setting aside some time to teach myself about some features that aren't available to the point-and-shoot or iPhone (or at least they're a lot more difficult on those platforms).

One shot in particular I've always wanted to recreate is one I saw on the cover of The Vancouver Courier a number of years ago. It was a photo of the Gastown Grand Prix and the edges were blurred to look as if the riders were emerging from a tunnel of blurred colour.

Below are my recent attempts to recreate that effect.

Summer flowers in a Winnipeg back lane.

Pumpkins at Michell Farm on Vancouver Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment