Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Deertrail Resort (re-visited)

Upon our return from km 42 of the Galloping Goose trail we stopped for a snack at the ruins of the old unfinished Deertrail Resort. I couldn't resist exploring it again. There was a lot of activity taking place.

The black widow spider I saw the previous weekend is no longer there.
The smell of fresh paint was pungent in the air as I entered the site. Three artists were hard at work. Although, I must say, I'd be a bit peeved if I'd been the one to have had his spider painted over.

At the rate they're painting, pretty soon the paint's gonna be as thick as the stone walls.
At the gorge side of the site a music video was being recorded.
And amidst all of it, the immortal (and rather sunburnt) James Dean smokes...
I couldn't resist a selfie in what was to be Canada's largest fireplace. I should have got a shot looking straight up the damper. Oh well, next time... :-)
Doing my best "Clint Eastwood" squint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment