Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, January 23, 2017

Shock and Awe

Who knew the Republicans would revive their “Shock and Awe” theme? Wow, didn’t see that coming. This new guy really is full of surprises. Well, he’s certainly full of something anyway. The “Shock and Awe” of which I refer is of course the fantastically outlandish White House claim concerning the (dare I say?) "huge" crowd estimates attending the Women’s March this past Saturday versus the smaller crowd that attended the new President’s inauguration.

When I watched the new regime’s first press conference (if you’d blinked, you would have missed it) I actually thought it was a continuation of repeats of this weekend’s SNL skits I’d been watching on Youtube.

Again (which may well be the theme of this presidency), the comedy just writes itself. And it would be a whole helluva lot funnier if it wasn’t true.

No comments:

Post a Comment