Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Weather Outside is Frightful

It seems hard to believe it was only one week ago today that we participated in Victoria's marathon/half-marathon/8K event by jogging 8K in the warm morning sunshine. As I write this (Sunday) there is brilliant sunshine outside (I should be out in it), but last week, Wednesday in particular was pretty nasty. I remember sitting at my desk looking out the window at about 8:30 a.m. impressed by the how dark it was outside. It seemed to have been lighter out there when I'd arrived at 7:50.

Periods of heavy rain occurred later, but I didn't realized the extent of the downpour until later that day as I reviewed Twitter. Turns out there were areas of flash flooding in Vancouver and enough hail to look as if we'd had the season's first snow already in White Rock.

Broadway at Cambie on Oct. 11.

Hail in White Rock on Oct. 11 (Internet screenshot).


No comments:

Post a Comment