Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Friday, October 27, 2017

Tragically Hip-less-ness

We’re now ten days into Tragically Hip-less-ness.

So far so good I guess.

I did another road trip this week which involved about 6 hours of driving on Vancouver Island, from north to south. It was a perfect opportunity to load up the CD player for some “Hip” audio therapy, blasted at fairly high volume. Of the CDs I brought with me I played them all through twice at least before swapping discs. Almost at the end on one song, “Thompson Girl”, I remember snapping back into reality thinking that I’d actually forgotten for a couple or three minutes that Gord was no longer with us. I think that's a good sign in terms of starting to recover from the shock.

And in terms of lasting legacy, if I were him I'd want people to be able to lose themselves in my music at least once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment