Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Tall Collage

I've been messing around with collages lately, and I've also been thinking about another series to incorporate into a collage. I had a couple of tall images in mind that I'd recently photographed in warehouses; one for tires storage and the other featuring stainless steel brewing tanks. Then the thought occurred to me to mix the series with nature shots. Last year while in Mackenzie on assignment I captured a grove of Poplars (I think they were Poplars anyway; they have white bark).

I had wanted to create a set of four photos, but the last selection didn't occur to me until this evening. On another assignment in Victoria last year I was waiting for a float plane flight and framed an interesting scene in a reflection of the building's structure in its own glazing. It turned out to have the look of a tall structure that I wanted even though it's really only an illusion of height. Hmmm...does that make it fake-height?

No comments:

Post a Comment