Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Vancouver Marathon 2018

Friends of ours from our running group entered the Vancouver Marathon this year so we went downtown to cheer them on at the finish line. It was already a bit too warm in my opinion for such duration running as this, but just to make it a bit challenging (heh, heh, as if 42.2 km isn't challenging enough!), the last 2 km of the course is a slight uphill grade.

Chris approaching the finish line.

Jenn approaching the finish line.

Jogging 42.2 km seems to me a hefty price to pay in order to get free
wedding catering at the finish line. But good on them for the best-dressed
marathoners in the event! (BTW, I used this same shot as my first Instagram photo)

I must say, they look pretty chipper for just having completed a 4-1/2 to 5 hour
running event.

I'm feeling guilty now for not having signed up yet for the upcoming Scotia Bank Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment