Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Fixer-uppers

This has got to be the peak of the vintage Volkswagen bubble.

Saying that this '54 Panel "needs work" is somewhat of an under-statement.

I mean, I know it's rarer than rare, but seriously I think I'd be
embarrassed to advertise this '46 Beetle for sale in exchange
for actual money.

And finally, not to be out-done, I present to you (although "present" that may be too
strong of a word) a 1971 911 Targa, freshly dragged out of a lake (OK, I made
that bit up). 

Can't let the VWs out-shine the Porsches (again, "out-shine" might be a fantasy at this level).

These three examples are firmly in the "master craftsman" realm. A mere backyard garage handyman would be in well over their head. But, if you're feeling adventurous, The Beetle is listed for about $15,000 Cdn (not including transport from Sweden) and the panel van is posted at about $10,000 Cdn. Bargoons at twice the price, obviously (groan). This 911 from Ohio (the rust belt) at least hasn't insulted us by listing a price ("Best Offer"). I know what my best offer would be in a sensible world, but those days are long past.

No comments:

Post a Comment