Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blackberry season

It’s blackberry season!

I finally made time to go to my secret blackberry patch last evening. I’ve been wanting to go since we got back from our St. John’s vacation 2 weeks ago. I thought perhaps I’d missed the peak of the season this year, especially since the high temperature records were broken at the end of July.

I missed the season entirely last year so it’s been 2 years since I last scratched my arms to bits picking blackberries.

This year is a bumper crop so far. I picked several pounds of berries with the intention of making blackberry ice cream tonight. Now there’s a treat! I like being able to make something that can’t be store-bought. That’s pretty rare these days.

As George Costanza would say,"We're livin' large, Jerry, we're livin' large!"

No comments:

Post a Comment