Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, January 11, 2010

Liver Rejuvenation App

We took Shelby to Angus Park for a mini Meet-up yesterday morning. Some of the members really wanted to see her again. And I wanted to see how she’d interact with a small group of doggy friends. She did really well, so I’ve scheduled a regular Meet-up for next Sunday morning, open to all our regular members.


Shelby’s made a good recovery (albeit temporary) from the condition for which she received treatment just after Christmas. From the dire news we received from the vet I fully expected she’d deteriorate rapidly in the New Year. But she’s on medication now, and for the most part, looks and acts as she always has. I haven’t had the courage to take her for a walk lately, however, because I didn’t think I was ready to see her plant her four paws and refuse to go, like she did pre-Christmas. It’s just a psychological barrier for me, but it’s there just the same.

We’re taking her to the vet this evening after work to get more fluid drained from her abdomen. I think the medication has helped somewhat in controlling it; it’s been over a week since she last had the procedure done. She doesn’t exhibit any stress symptoms from going to the vet. The staff seems to love her. It’s a good veterinarian practice. We’ve been taking our pets there for about a decade.

And it’s a simple, straight-forward procedure involving only a needle and about 20-30 minutes of time. It’s nothing invasive and it keeps her going. The stress of this whole thing for us is knowing that we have to be on guard for signs of her distress, and if those signs become urgent in nature, we’ll have to have the vet intervene. But currently, as I say, things are going very well.

I’ve been thinking that maybe I should contact Apple or Bell, or one of the other cell phone companies. I hear they have an “App” for almost anything these days. How about a Liver Rejuvenation App? There’s just gotta be some money in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment