Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Friday, January 8, 2010

Van Deusen Gardens holiday lights display






We went to see the Christmas lights display at Van Deusen Gardens just before New Year's and I thought I should post some photos before I all of a sudden realize it's already Easter and still haven't done it yet.

However, as it turns out, I don't really like many of the shots I took, except for the abstract ones. I was in a goofy mood and decided to get a bit jiggy with it (with the camera, that is).
















One of the only two "normal" shots I like is this one of me and Shauna in Santa's sleigh. It was pretty chilly that night (by Vancouver standards) and Shauna was wearing this year's hottest winter accessory; her 2010 Olympics mittens.

Seriously, they turned out to be this Christmas' version of (and I'm dating myself here) a Cabbage Patch Kid or a Tickle-Me Elmo. They were just flying off the shelves. There were news stories about clerks not even being able to get the mittens out of the packing boxes to the store shelves before throngs of delerious shoppers snatched them up.

So naturally, Olympics mittens became my obsession too. Shauna had mentioned she wanted a pair, long after I had passed by dozens of pairs in Zellers and the Bay in previous weeks.

But, lo and behold, by sheer perseverence (or maybe just blind luck?), I actually got the very last medium size pair in the store at 2:15 p.m. Christmas Eve day.

My wife was quite pleased with her gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment