Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sun Run 2010K

Today was the SunRun here in Vancouver. My time for the 10K distance was 59:36. Although the weather was beautiful for the run, I'm a bit put off that my elapsed time was 4-1/2 minutes slower than last year. My knees started giving me grief (both of them this time) at around the 6 or 7 km mark.

I shouldn't be too hard on myself I guess because, to be honest, I missed two long training runs with my jogging group; one because I was recovering from a nasty cold, and the other because Shauna and I went to Seattle for a weekend. Gotta have some fun, right?

Considering my regular training runs with our spaniel, Tannah, have routinely been 5.75 km, I'll likely ace the 5K event I'm planning to enter on June 6th.

But my main focus now will be on training rides for my Ride To Conquer Cancer coming up soon on June 19th and 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment