Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Saturday, November 21, 2015

November in Vancouver

We've been experiencing such beautiful weather the last few days here in Vancouver that I thought I'd share some photos of scenes around town. We had a nasty stretch of really heavy rainfall previous to the sunshine. It's curious how sunshine improves one's mood. Not to say that rain isn't important; we certainly learned that during the recent summer drought.

This one's actually from a couple of weeks ago when I saw the first snowfall on the local mountains.
Fall colours in Charleston Park (the park with the giant jelly beans art installation).
I guess point-and-shoot cameras have their limitations. The definition of the yellow leaves against the dark shadowed portions of tree bark were what drew me to capture this image. I still like it, but it doesn't portray exactly how I saw it in person. If I was skilled as a painter I know how I'd fix it.
It's the contrast of the low winter sun illumination through the pampas grass against the dark background shadows that I like.
This heron was checking the new construction of the Dragon Boat docks along the south side of False Creek.
I never realized how much green is present in the feathers of an egret. I always thought they were mostly black.
Not to say that I condone graffiti, but I'm always drawn to what I consider reasonable reproductions of the Banksy style.
I'd be a cold ride on the False Creek Aquabus. It's a biting wind out on the water.
I'm always drawn to moon shots.
Despite the cost of that new roof, I can't help but admire the fluctuating light display encircling BC Place stadium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment