Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Cars

It's surprising what one can see though a broken fence. I was walking Tannah yesterday when I caught a glimpse of a muscle car; a 1967 Pontiac Firebird. I've seen this one before to be honest. A number of year ago I saw it parked in the same spot but with a carport protecting it. Then the fence went up, but I've never forgotten it. I happened to be on the back lane yesterday so I checked to see if it's still there. Yup, but no carport anymore, just sitting there exposed to the weather; waiting for a restoration. It's even the perfect colour for me; blue. My parents had a '68 Ford Falcon when I was a kid that was a similar shade. That might be the attraction. But even if it was for sale, and I did buy it I'd have to get it restored by someone else. Foremost, I don't have any spare time for such a project, plus I don't have the expertise or array of specialized tools to do the whole job. Then there's the not inconsequential matter of marital harmony maintenance in relation to a "toy" I don't "need". That's true of course, but I still can't help dreaming.

It's a '67 Firebird.

Another one I came across near home is this land yacht Buick. I'm not sure of the model but it sure would make a cool mild custom sled. Gotta add fender skirts.

Just try finding a parking space where it'll fit these days! No easy task.

Saw this one at Kingsgate Mall yesterday; an early '70s  Mercury Marquis. 
I've never been a big fan of wide whitewalls, but it gives the car a mild 
custom look.

Tannah was "helping" me yesterday while I installed trailer lights on my car.
She actually provides lots of moral support. I like it when she hangs out with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment