Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Hot Chocolate Stats

If one must identify a cause for running, besides the obvious one; health, then it might as well be for hot chocolate. When this one was presented as an upcoming event we should sign up for, I thought they were kidding. But it turns out it's for real. And we really did get some real hot chocolate at the finish line in a real ceramic souvenir mug. Kinda corny, but then again, why not have a bit of fun amidst the seriousness of running?

I'm kidding of course. I'm not exactly a serious runner, although I run a lot more regularly than I used to now that we've set up a weekly group. I really value the social aspect of it too. Much more than stats. Although I won't hesitate to grumble about not achieving my sub-one-hour goal for a 10K. Which I missed again today incidentally; 1:02:11 I think was the official time (my running App displayed 1:02:17). Not too bad I guess considering that officially I don't care so much about stats. Hmm...am I talking in circles?

Who put this crazy hill at the very end of a 10K circuit?

The dusting on the local hills was just visible above the cloud cover behind
Lions Gate Bridge.

This is actually the Finish line; the sun was in the wrong place to take the
photo on the other side of the banner.

I'm always impressed by those massive bridge supports. I
guess I'm kind of a bridge geek in that respect. I seldom, if 
ever, decline a chance to go under a bridge.

Here's the English Bay side, back in the bright Winter
sunshine. Wow, what a contrast from Winnipeg last
weekend, although sun was the common factor.

Here's the Hot Chocolate course. And it was my 2nd fastest 10K
this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment