Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Mackenzie Minute

Leg Two of my northern BC trip is in Mackenzie. Never been here before. It's a pretty small place. I kept thinking there must be another portion of town as there seems to only be about 6 restaurants here. But nope. I did some driving around before dinner (which turned out to lessen my dinner choices as some eateries had already closed) but all I found were lumber and pulp mills at the ends of every road I drove down.

One bonus however was that I finally got a chance to photograph a pair of deer at the low sun angle of early evening. I'd encountered two instances of deer crossing the road today on the highway linking Dawson Creek and Mackenzie, but of course I was driving and couldn't get their picture.

These two were dining on roadside plants.

We mostly seem to have wasps at home in Vancouver, so it was an
opportunity for celebration to have a bee on my bumper. The magnification
 of the dust on my bumper make it look almost like pollen.
I drove the Rogue rental to Morfee Lake and discovered it's rained here
pretty recently. Those aren't my tire tracks BTW.

Last evening I took a drive south of Dawson Creek to Swan Lake where
I indulged in abstract photography of a mushroom.

Traveling backwards in time, this on the way to Mackenzie yesterday.
Looks to me like it should be part of Nissan's advertising campaign.

I couldn't resist this (near) sunrise shot in Dawson Creek this morning
adjacent to Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway.

I look a lot more fatigued than I really was at Mile 0. It's not like I'd just
jogged in from Alaska; it was only a morning 5K.



No comments:

Post a Comment