Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day Two of Leg Two (Mackenzie)

Once I was safety off the clock, I did some more exploring. I asked at the hotel front desk for some suggestions regarding where to find attractions of interest rather than following roads that led to lumber/pulp mills. Apparently all the interesting stuff is north of town.

Williston Lake.

At first I thought there was a bird of some sort in the trees, but it turned out
to be artistically placed deadfall.
I decided that since I'd received a free upgrade to an all-wheel-drive SUV, I might as well take advantage of it to traverse a few roads that a car may find uncomfortable; hence the mountain view site at Morfee Mountain Trail. I took the wrong turn-off the first time and drove through a gravel pit; definitely not it. The second time produced the ski-doo ramp I'd been told about, so I knew I was on the right road.
An abstract explosion of berries noticed en route to a mountaintop viewing spot.

Two communications towers on two distant peaks (centre; the right side tower
is hard to see in the photo). That's where we're going!

The view from close to the top. Again, looking like a Nissan commercial.

Not sure what these two metallic items are, located on a steep slope. They
look like remains of a UFO crash site, but more realistically they're likely
related to the communications tower higher up the slope.

There's Mackenzie with Williston Lake behind it.

A rainsquall near the northern end of Williston Lake.

Parts of the mountaintop appears somewhat lunar.

I watched a truck crawl up the moon-like far slope. From my perspective it
looked like bug. I would have compared it to a toy, but it was even far too
tiny for that. I've had to crop the photo even to be able to identify it.

A splash of rainbow appeared over the east mountains, although I have to
admit, it looked more impressive in person; more intense colours.





No comments:

Post a Comment