Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Monday, August 7, 2017

August Long Weekend

This weekend I gave myself an assignment to teach myself a few new tricks on a couple of my cameras. One of them was to take a good shot of the moon, which is shown in a recent previous post. I'd taken a decent shot a few years ago of the moon, but recently I've been having great difficulty producing another one I'm satisfied with. Last night I had some success. The next task is committing the process to memory. Or iPhone notes. :-)

This weekend was a dedicated Staycation. Still recovering from our European vacation (we've been home for almost a month already! Where did the time go?).

Tannah found an ice cream sandwich store on Main
Street that she thinks she wants to try. I think she may
have to settle on sampling the water.

We had friends over for dinner last night, and, sitting on the deck, since we
could smell smoke anyway, we decided to evoke a campfire-ish environment
with a circle of candles. Our glass tabletop plays the role of a lake reflecting
campfire flames. There's ways around them campfire bans!

Our friends brought us fresh Chilliwack (domesticated)
blackberries and bright summer flowers.

Just can't seem to get away from these Citroens this summer. Not that
I mind, of course. A reminder of our vacation is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment