Life of Dave

Life of Dave

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

4th in a series originally posted on my Ride to Conquer Cancer personal page:

Cycle blog entry #4, Apr. 1, 2009
I thought my senses were appropriately attuned to weed out any and all April Fool's Day shenanigans this morning. I woke up and immediately was aware of what day it was before my feet hit the floor as I got out of bed.

I put on my slippers and grabbed a jacket as I headed to the back door to let our Spaniel out into the back yard. Ah yes, I smugly said to myself, no one's going to pull the wool over my eyes this day! You could have knocked me over with a feather what I opened the door to discover... snow! I could almost hear Mother Nature herself doing that kid's sing-song voice from the Simpsons, "Ha, Ha!"

To be honest I hadn't planned to ride today anyway. Sun Run training is coming to a close as race day is only about 2-1/2 weeks away now. I jogged 45 minutes yesterday and I'm scheduled to run 60 minutes on Thursday. That'll be it for long practice runs for the InTraining group. I find I get sore knees if I jog one day, ride the next. A day of rest in between seems to be very beneficial. I don't want any injuries this close to the event.

After the Sun Run I'll start riding part way to work and all the way home. That'll definitely be good for my legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment